For the fourth successive year Mr. Thumbay Moideen – Founder President of Thumbay Group, U.A.E., is listed in the “Arabian Business Indian Power List” compiled by Arabian Business – ITP Publishing Group, UAE in which 100 Most Powerful Indians living in the Gulf region have been encompassed. Mr. Moideen ranks 28th among the 100 Most Powerful Indians in the Gulf and 04th among the 9 Most Powerful Indians recognized for their contribution if the field of Healthcare in the region.
Mr. Thumbay Moideen who is listed in “Power List India 2013” is the Founder President of Thumbay Group, U.A.E. established in the year 1998. The Group has ventured into various business activities like timber, real estate, medical education, healthcare, medical research, diagnostics, information technology, health communications, retail opticals, wellness, hospitality and the latest being establishing a chain of medical centers and pharmacies in and around U.A.E. With his successful foray into the health care centre, Moideen is realizing his long cherished dream and mission of emerging as the leader in the field of healthcare in U.A.E.
A man of vision and dynamism, with a determination to succeed, Thumbay Moideen is recognized in India and beyond for the various achievements to his credit. In the year 1998, Mr. Moideen established the THUMBAY Group, U.A.E. Under his dynamic leadership it went on to achieve tremendous growth.
Mr. Thumbay Moideen has forayed into Medical Education and Healthcare Services in Ajman-United Arab Emirates, when there was no existing set-up to cater to the needs of the students to pursue higher education in medicine and healthcare sciences in the private sector. Mr. Moideen is the first expatriate to be invited by the Rulers of Ajman to start a medical college in U.A.E. Thus, Gulf Medical College took shape which soon became a destination for medical education not only for local students, but to students from over 67 countries. Today, the institution is a name to reckon with in the region and stands out on par with some of the best medical institutions in the world.
The pioneering spirit, vision, sheer conviction, courage and confidence of Mr. Moideen soon led to realization of becoming a leader in the field of healthcare. The Thumbay Group owns a chain of GMC Hospitals, GMC Pharmacies, GMC Diagnostic centres in Ajman, Sharjah and Fujairah.
Recognitions for a Leader :
As a true leader Mr. Moideen has infused dedication, discipline and hard work at all levels of his organization. He enjoys a great deal of respect from all quarters of the society which is evident from the fact that he is invited by various associations and organizations to be on their board as an active office bearer or in an advisory capacity.
Mr. Thumbay Moideen is also the :
- President of Asian Hospital Federation- UAE Region.
- Chief Patron of Ajman Indian Association & Indian Business Council, Ajman.
- Member of International Hospital federation – Ferney Voltaire, France (Greater Geneva Area).
- Chief Patron of Beary’s Association, Dubai.
- Mr. Thumbay Moideen listed and honored amongst “Top 100 Indian Leaders in the UAE“ by Forbes Middle East in recognition for his contribution to the advancement of healthcare in the region.
- THUMBAY Group listed amongst the “Top 100 Companies making an impact in the Arab World” by Forbes Middle East.
- Mr. Moideen has been featured in the GCC’s 50 Richest Indians list (2013) by Arabian Business Magazine – ITP Publishing Group .
- Mr. Moideen has been featured amongst the influential Indians in the UAE in the Special Report of Gulf News Focus dated August 15, 2012.
- Mr. Moideen’s accomplishments were featured as “Cover Story” in the International Indian Magazine in April 2011 issue.
- Year 2010, 2011 and 2012 – Mr. Moideen has been featured among the top 100 most influential Indians in the Middle East (as per the survey undertaken by The Arabian Business Magazine – ITP Publishing Group).
- Conferred with Honorary Fellowship of International Medical Science Academy (IMSA).
- Recipient of NGI Excellence Award 2012 at the Global Indian Business Meet (GIBM) New York, U.S.A.
- Recipient of ‘CEO of the Year – Education’ Award 2012 by the ITP Publishing Group, UAE.
- Mr. Moideen is the recipient of ‘Best Achievement Award in the field of Medical Education & Healthcare’ from H.H. Sheikh Humaid Bin Rashid Al Nuaimi, Member of U.A.E. Supreme Council and Ruler of Ajman, UAE.
- Mr. Moideen was honored by Lord Adam Patel at the House of Lords, U.K. for his invaluable contributions in the fields of healthcare and medical education.
- Mr. Moideen is also the recipient of the Mayura award for ‘Achievements in the field of Medical Education & Healthcare’ by Karnataka Sangha, Sharjah.
The Power List India 2013 also shows that Indians are playing a vital role in boardrooms of both International and local banking and retail sectors operating in the region. But, if anything, the Arabian Business Power List shows just how far the Indian diaspora has become enmeshed in Gulf Society with the region’s 2.5 million expatriates working in every sector imaginable.
Please click on the link below to view the list of 100 Most Powerful Indians in GCC.
and Please find below the links for the online publication of the article.