GMC Hospital Fujairah Conducted a Health Talk on “COMMON HEART DISEASES” for the staff of General Directorate of Residence and Foreigners’ Affairs, Fujairah, on 24.03.2015.
Coronary artery condition is also called ischemic heart problems. It truly is due to atherosclerosis, this is the narrowing as well as impediment on the bloodstream who supplies the guts. The idea is probably the most typical types of heart problems plus the major root cause of cardiovascular assaults as well as angina.
Dr. Altaf differentiated the risk factors of heart disease into controllable and Uncontrollable factors.
- Older age
- Family history of heart disease
Controllable risk factors include:
- High LDL, or “bad” cholesterol and low HDL, or “good” cholesterol
- Uncontrolled hypertension (high blood pressure)
- Physical inactivity
- Obesity (more than 20% over one’s ideal body weight)
- Uncontrolled diabetes
- High C-reactive protein
- Uncontrolled stress and anger
The talk was very well appreciated by the attendees who were around 20 in number.