Gulf Medical University (GMU), the leading private medical university in Ajman owned and operated by Thumbay Group UAE hosted a conference on ‘Updates in Orthopedics’, on Friday, 25th March 2016. Accredited by MOH for 6 CME hours, the conference saw the participation of healthcare professionals from across the country. The conference was organized by the Department of Orthopedics – Thumbay Hospital, in association with Leading Orthopedicians spoke on various topics at the conference. The topics covered were:
- Back School-Physical Therapy Spinal Care by Dr. K Praveen Kumar – Dean, College of Allied Health Sciences, Gulf Medical University
- Vitamin D deficiency-Myths and Facts by Dr. Manoj Kumar – Department of Orthopedics, Thumbay Hospital, Ajman
- Spine Surgery Challenges by Dr. Seyed Mohsen Mahmoodi – Thumbay Hospital, Dubai
- CTEV by Dr. Avinash Pulate – Department of Orthopedics, Thumbay Hospital, Dubai
- Limping Child by Dr. Mohammed Zakeer Ahmed – Department of Orthopedics, Thumbay Hospital, Fujairah
- Spine Tuberculosis by Dr. Amit Chaturvedi – Department of Orthopedics, Thumbay Hospital, Ajman
atured Certificates were distributed to the attendees at the end of the program. Dr. Seyed Mohsen Mahmoodi, Medical Director and Consultant Orthopedics – Thumbay Hospital Dubai said that Thumbay Hospitals has plans to host an international conference on Spine Surgery, in November 2016.